Ni-Cd cells and batteries with pocket plate electrodes have a proven design and reliability to give maximum service life. Its eminent features make our Ni-Cd battery to be one of the most reliable and adequate systems available in the market with a cost-effective, durable as well as a safe solution.
This cell type has been especially designed for low rates of discharge over long periods, viz the current is relatively low in comparison with the total stored energy. The discharges can generally be infrequent and the recommended discharge time for the KL …P range is 1 hour to 100 hours.
Ni-Cd battery cells fulfil all requirements according to IEC 60623 and EN 60623.
Ni-Cd cells can be assembled into many different configurations, for example:
- Placing on battery racks and cabinets
- Mounting as compact blocks
- Assembling in plastic / stainless steel crates or battery troughs
- recommended discharge time: 1h to 100 h
- available capacity range 11 Ah to 1700 Ah
- excellent resistance against electrical and mechanical stress
- no risks of terminal decompose or sudden death due to the plate construction
- extremely long life time - over 20 years in stationary cycling operations
- operational temperature range between – 40°C to + 50°C
- extremely long storage life - for several years in a discharged state under correct conditions
- robust construction - hard-wearing and insensitive to faults in maintenance
- generous electrolyte reserve – long maintenance interval
- translucent plastic cases for visible electrolyte level
- Safety lighting,
- Power and substations,
- Alternative energy stations,
- Ship equipment,
- Oil and gas refineries